While there are many different FQHC billing software platforms and FQHC billing webinars available in the market, they are unable to outdo the efficiency of proficient medical billing companies. Hiring a third party to manage your FQHC medical billing is specially a good idea if you have a high staff turnover or you are someone who has stayed away from technology all your life.
These medical billing companies are capable of significantly increasing your revenue. You will finally be able to do without your inadequate billing staff. The company you hire will not only generate claims, they will also follow up with patients and ensure that all due payments are made in time.
Since there are many FQHC billing companies operating in the market, you must practice caution while hiring a third party to manage your billing. Here are a few things you must keep in mind when looking to invest in FQHC billing services that ultimately enables health centers to maximize revenue streams.
1. What are the services being offered?FQHC billing companies, like MaximizedRevenue.com, can take over many functions, such as claim generation and submission, payment processing, creating invoices for patients, collection services, etc. Some billing companies also handle tasks like appointment scheduling and credentialing. However, the price tag increases with each new service. As a physician, you must ensure the FQHC billing company you hire takes care of all your requirements and does so at a reasonable price.
2. What is the technology being used?
- It is important to seek answers to questions like these:
- How will claims be generated and shared?
- How will the billing company maintain electronic records and how can these records be used by the hospital?
- Will the FQHC billing company ensure data security?
- Where will all the data be backed up and stored?
A good medical billing company will have clear answers to all these questions.