Most surgeons and medical professionals have learned business strategies the hard way through an “on-job” sort of training. Below are five business strategies that will when implemented will make your surgery practice more successful.
1. Optimize your websiteWith the ever-changing technology, everyone seems to turn to search engines when looking for information about products and services. There is no better way of getting the attention of people who may be looking for your services than through SEO for surgeons. Apart from listing your services and location on the website, you can come up with a blogging series.
Consider crafting a themed series that targets your client’s needs and provide them with an exclusive proposition. The information on your blog posts will give the visitors confidence in your services as well as build you image and brand.
2. Develop video contentOver the years, use of video content has massively gained popularity though it is not used by many organizations. Good and quality videos will help give your target clients a better insight of your services and the persona of your business.
In the videos, you can include tours of your facility to show clients your team of employees as well as the technology you use. You can also have interactive webinars with past clients to ask about their progress or with potential customers to answer their questions. Including the videos on your site will enhance search engine ranking and put out your business to more customers.
3. Embrace different social media platforms
You should also consider joining LinkedIn where you can join groups to get ideas of how you can improve your brand. It also gives you the opportunity to market your services to potential clients by contributing in discussions. Lastly, check out the emerging social media platform Google+. Between the four latter mentioned social networking sites, not only can you expand the visibility of your surgery practice, but these social media platforms have been proven to help support SEO strategies for surgeons and other business professionals.
4. Be patient-centeredAt the end of the day, it is your patients who determine how successful your business becomes. If they give other people a positive feedback regarding your services you will get more clients.
Always help the patient go through what to expect from the procedure, its risks, and after-care. Do not just clear a patient for a surgery just because you need the money. After a surgery always ensure to follow up with your patients and find out how they are fairing.
5. Improve surgery billing process with patientsAt the end of the day it is every business’s goal to make revenues. You therefore need to have a clear understanding of your revenue cycle. You staff should play a big role and ensure that billing starts immediately a patient makes a booking through to the time they are treated and discharged.
As surgery billing best practices, always ensure that the data obtained from patients is accurate so you are easily able to follow up on issues such as insurance and demographics. For maximum revenue it is critical that all charges are reconciled and above all make it a point to share your billing policies with clients.
Branding is critical in setting the tone on how your community and patients perceive your services. Using these five strategies will get your business rolling towards success.