20 Simple Website Optimization Tips for Small Business Marketers
One thing you have to understand when it comes to increasing search traffic is that website optimization doesn't do any good if people are not looking for your products and/or services.
When performing website optimization for your company, the very first thing you have to do is research and select the right keywords to optimize your website. From then on, you can start optimizing your website for meaningful results.
Once you have your keyword targets all lined up, you can the get to work on your website. Below are 20 simple website optimization tips to help you optimize your website:
1. You can never be smarter than the search engines so always focus on doing the right thing. Quit trying to trick the search engine by stuffing keywords in your site and repeating content.
2. Select 5 to 20 keywords and focus on only those in the entire website. When you choose specific related keywords, you will not only get a high volume of visitors but also quality visitors.
3. Place your best keywords in strategic places like the domain names, folders and pages.
4. Keep track of your keyword density by ensuring that it is between 3 and 5 percent of your total text.
5. Give each page a different title. Make use of keywords or phrases, which should not be more than 70 characters. Remember that the first word in the title is very important.
6. Each page requires an original meta description, which can include a call to action displayed under the page title in Google.
7. Style keywords appropriately to make them stand out. You can use bold and italic tags as well as style header tags.
8. Use the right keywords and phrases to name your images. Make sure the alt tag contains relevant keywords that describe the image.
9. Use the right keywords when linking within your own pages. For instance, instead of using a word like contact, be more specific by including the name of your product.
10. Create a site map. With a site map, you can get Google to access your main page faster. Upload the site map on the front page then give Google this main address.
11. Make use of robots.txt files. When you create and upload this file, search engines can understand what pages on your website you want to include or exclude in their results.
12. Link to websites that are locally related to you or those that you offer similar services. Outbound links do indeed correlate to the quality and relevancy of your website optimization efforts.
13. Ensure that you get fresh and original content on a regular basis. A blog is great way to optimize your website with respect to regularly updated content.
14. Make sure you link with popular websites, which have a good name and reputation online.
15. Allow your visitors to link to you easily by creating a ‘link to us page’.
16. Engage in writing informative content in different websites then create links to your own.
17. Look for well known directory listings and get listed. This can be momentous for you company's website optimization efforts
18. Create new and free informative content in form of tips, tutorials and white papers, which people can share.
19. When you write a press release, make sure you send it locally and link it back to yourself.
20. Make sure your business appears in Google maps by listing it on Google Places.
Stay tuned for more website optimization tips on the Righteous Business Blog. We are advocates of SEO and Internet marketing as potential game-changers for almost any company. For this reason, we plan to provide more insights in coming blog posts.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.