They allow privacyIf what you are discussing is for your ears only’ highly classified or totally sensitive then your meeting needs to be held far away from prying eyes so that whatever you discussed remains between you.
Offers great facilitiesConference centers in hotels have free high speed internet access, free use of an LCD projector, unlimited refreshment and great cuisine this make your clients as well as other employees to totally relax and concentrate on matters of the business.
Sets the moodWhere you hold your meeting will tell the participants what kind of meeting is going to take place if it is in the bank or chamber of commerce then that is going to be serious. If held at a pub or coffee shop it may just be a follow up or a casual get- to- know- you- better kind of meeting.
ConcentrationIf you are a small business owner inviting people to your home where dishes are clucking and children are playing will send a bad message to someone who doesn’t know you. Pubs and your local eatery won’t do too. So find meeting places where your client will be totally focused on you like the library, a classy coffee shop or a great restaurant.
ConvenienceIf you hold a meeting where no one can get to the location then it beats the whole point. For instance, convention centers in Peoria, IL may not be ideal when most parties are coming from Chicago as the participants have to use money and time to travel.
Good Meeting Places/Venues for BusinessNeed some good ideas for solid meeting places and venues? Check out this unique list of ideas for your next business meeting.
- Banks - Believe it or not, some banks let their customers’ use their conference rooms free of charge as long as you have informed them in ample time. It is ideal for small gatherings that need privacy.
- Local library - They are free, open to all people and have ample parking. They can hold small gatherings and rooms can be set anyway you like. You can even research on an issue that causes dispute. They are very convenient as they are found in all towns.
- Local chamber of commerce - Using it showcases your status as it proves you can afford the membership. It is great for midsized gatherings and it has ready meeting rooms and necessary office equipment like computers, printers among others.
- Restaurants banquet rooms - They allow food and refreshments to be brought in during the meeting. They allow for more relaxed nature of meetings and can cater for small and larger groups. The rooms are great for brainstorming sessions.
- Hotel Conference rooms - Great for its professional touch it has ready set rooms and staff that are on hand to help with serving of refreshments and food. They have important supplies like pens, notepads and TV/DVD player in case visual displays are needed to aid in the meeting. They can hold both small and large gatherings.
- Coffee shops - They are great for casual setting kind of meeting most are equipped with wi-fi so you can bring your laptop or tablet to use it for illustration. They are better for informal catch-ups between few people.